Whether your students celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa or just the Winter Holiday off from school, as the break for the holidays approaches student attention diminishes!
Here are a few quick ideas to use with elementary or middle school students as a warm up at the beginning of class or for that last 5-10 minutes of class to give them something to look forward to. These require access to a computer (ideally 1:1) but can also be done with partners or on a smartphone.
Try these that final few days (or week) before the holiday break:
- Snow Days - Create a snowflake.
- Reindeer Orchestra - Online music creation site
- Design a Gingerbread House
- Christmas Tree Light Up (game)
- Christmas Trivia Quiz
- Present Stacker (strategy game)
- Decorate the Gingerbread Man
- Virtual Gingerbread Cookie